[titled_box title=”Annual Sumi-e Exhibition of Oriental Brush Paintings ~ 墨絵カナダ主催・墨絵展” variation=”orange”]
[fancy_list style=”arrow_list” variation=”orange”]
- Saturday, November 12th & Sunday, November 13th, 2016.
- Time: 12:00pm – 5:00pm
- Location: Location: JCCC (Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre)6 Garamond Court, Toronto-Don Mills, ON. 416.441.2345
- Official Exhibition Opening Ceremony: Saturday, November 12th, 2016. From 1:00pm
- FREE ADMISSION / FREE PARKING / TEA ROOM
- 日時: 2016年11月12日(土)・13日(日) / 午後12時〜17時まで
- 場所: 日系文化会館 6 Garamond Court, Toronto-Don Mills, ON.
Hiroshi will exhibit his Sumi-e paintings once again at the Annual Sumi-e Exhibition of Oriental Brush Paintings.
This exhibit will feature over one hundred East Asian-style paintings by local artists. You will have the opportunity to meet the artists, attend demonstrations, purchase paintings and relax in the tea room.
Last year, Hiroshi received the Ruth Yamada award for excellence in sumi-e painting for his painting Moonlit Night. Originality, spontaneity, and skill are some of the elements required to receive this award for a sumi-e painting. Mary Ikeda, last year’s judge, wrote these comments about this painting.
“A beautiful, strong moon, shining over a hushed, still night and forest!”